These 24 thought provoking questions I am sharing with you today have no right or wrong answers. Asking them is the answer. Voltaire, the writer, historian, and philosopher of the French Enlightenment era, admonishes us to judge a man by his questions rather than his answers: you’ll get to know someone better by asking them the right questions. In the same way, you know yourself better by asking yourself the right questions.
24 Thought Provoking Questions You Need To Answer To Know Yourself Better
- What would people say about you at your funeral?
- What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
- When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?
- If you were at heaven’s gates, and God asked “you why should I let you in?”, what would you say?
- Do you fear death? If so, do you have a good reason?
- If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you?
- If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, what would you change?
- If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
- If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
- What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
- What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?
- If this were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you were about to do today?
- If your life was a movie, what would be the title?
- If you could ask for one wish, what would it be?
- How could you describe yourself in 5 words?
- Are there chances you’ve passed up that you wish you’d have taken?
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old are you?
- If not now, then when?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- Are you aware that someone has it worse than you?
- If you had to choose between a book or a movie what would you choose?
- If you could see your whole life till now on a movie would you enjoy it?
- If you could ask 1 person just one question, and he would answer honestly, what would you ask him and who would you ask?
- What would you do different if you were reborn?
I know some of these thought provoking questions might seem uncomfortable, but it’s important to remember they give us valuable insight on ourselves and guide us to live in ways that bring the most fulfillment and joy.
Please don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below or to join the discussion on our facebook page.
Photo credit: Jinx!