Albert Einstein was a theoretical physicist, author, philosopher and is perhaps the most influential scientist to ever live. Einstein has made great contributions to the scientific world. He received the 1921 Noble Prize in Physics for his services to Theoretical Physics. Einstein is considered the father of modern physics and is probably the most successful and famous scientist there ever was.
15 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Einstein
1. Devote Your Life to a Cause – “Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.”
Success requires all that you are, or as Walter Cronkite so eloquently put it, “I can’t imagine a person becoming a success who doesn’t give this game of life everything he’s got.” To succeed, to become a master, will require all that you are. Are you giving your all
2.Make mistakes – “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Mistakes are not failure. If you learn from your mistakes, they will make you faster, smarter and better at what you do. As it has been said many times – if you want to succeed, triple the amount of mistakes that you make. See also (4 Things You Need to do to Live a Happier Life)
3. Perseverance is priceless – “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. This is where most people give up. Perserverance is the secret of all triumphs. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
4. Great people will always encounter great opposition – “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
Don’t listen to the doutbers. People will always try to talk you out of your dreams, goals and ambitions if they scare them. With success comes opposition, there will always be resistance to greatness. Don’t let the “little men” stop you. Just because they can’t do it, doesn’t mean you can’t!
5. Never ever stop learning – “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
Learning is essential to your growth. You can’t grow as a person if you are not learning new things. The moment you stop learning, is the moment you stop improving. Always ask questions. Always look for shortcuts. And always look for ways do to things better.
6. Change the way you think – “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
Your mindset is the key. You can’t solve problems with the mindset that you created them. The best way to overcome a problem is to grow bigger than the problem. That’s why constant learning is so important. When you learn – you grow, when you grow you find solutions to your problems.
7. Serve the World – “The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule. The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.”
Einstein said, “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” Let me encourage you to live your life in service to others, in service to your spouse, your children, your community, and your world. Your greatest success will come from your service to others.
8. Follow your curiosity – “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
What are you curios about? I am curious as to what causes one person to succeed while another person fails; this is why I’ve spent years studying success. What are you most curious about? The pursuit of your curiosity is the secret to your success.
9. Character Trumps Intellect – “Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.”
Our true character is the person we become when no one else is watching. Your character determines how far you go in this lifetime, so work on your character; work on being the person you want people to perceive you to be. Work on your attitude, Einstein said, “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character,” and without character, success has no value.
10. Focus on the present –“I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”
Tommorow is shaped by what you do today. It’s of supreme importance that you dedicate all of your efforts to “right now.” The present is the only thing we can change. It’s the only time that matters, it’s the only time there is.
11. Imagination is more important than knowledge – “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
Are you using your imagination? Imagination is the key to progress. Imagination is what makes the impossible – possible. You shouldn’t let something so important lie dormant. Use your imagination daily. Read the book don’t watch the movie. Use your imagination and you will discover a new world.
12. Create value – “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
If you focus on creating value, success will follow on it’s own. Don’t spend your time trying to be successful, spend your time creating value. Try to put in use your talents and gifts in a such way that it will benefit others. If you are valuable, success will come after you.
13. Don’t be repetitive – “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
You can’t keep doing the same thing everyday and expect different results. In other words, you can’t keep doing the same daily routine and expect to look differently. In order for your life to change, you must change, to the degree that you change your actions and your thinking is to the degree that your life will change.
14. Knowledge comes from experience – “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
Knowledge comes from experience. You can discuss a task, but discussion will only give you a philosophical understanding of it; you must experience the task first hand to “know it.” What’s the lesson? Get experience! Don’t spend your time hiding behind speculative information, go out there and do it, and you will have gained priceless knowledge. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest!
15. Learn the rules and play them better – “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
To put it all in simple terms, there are two things that you must do. The first thing you must do is to learn the rules of the game that you’re playing. It doesn’t sound exciting, but it’s vital. Secondly, you must commit to play the game better than anyone else. If you can do these two things, success will be yours!
Thank you for reading and be sure to pass this article along!