This article was last updated on December 29, 2015
Elon Musk is one of the most brilliant engineers and entrepreneurs the world has seen. He has been entrepreneur since the age of 10, at that time he bought a computer and by age 12 programmed a game and sold it for 500$. In 1995 he dropped out of Stanford to start a company called Zip2, which he sold later in 1999 for ~341 million $ in cash and stock. He got $22 million off the deal, but that wasn’t enough, and his biggest ventures were yet to come.
He founded X.com, which after a merge with Confinity became PayPal.com, the world’s first online payment system. Paypal was then sold to E-Bay for 1.5 billion$ in 2002, but Elon Musk continued to invent and innovate. He founded Space X, Tesla Motors and Solar City.
SpaceX, the company he founded in 2002, got a contract from NASA 6 years later for 1.6 billion $.
He also founded Tesla Motors, an electric car company.
And then he founded SolarCity, which is the largest provider of solar-powered systems in the US.
This basically proves that Elon Musk is, in fact, the Tony Stark of real life. If only he had a suit, he could be Iron Man too! And that’s why today I’ve decided to share with you the best Elon Musk quotes.
Here are the 15 Most Remarkable Elon Musk Quotes
5. On having feedback: “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.”
1o. On seeking negative feedback: “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.”
11. On the difference between the past and the present: “If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic – being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago.”
12. On having fun at work: “Everybody around here has slides in their lobbies. I’m actually wondering about putting in a roller coaster — like a functional roller coaster at the factory in Fremont. You’d get in, and it would take you around [the] factory but also up and down. Who else has a roller coaster? … It would probably be really expensive, but I like the idea of it.”
13. On changing the world: “Going from PayPal, I thought: ‘Well, what are some of the other problems that are likely to most affect the future of humanity?’ Not from the perspective, ‘What’s the best way to make money?”
15. On being extraordinary: “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
I would love to hear your thoughts about Elon Musk in the comments below and which quote from Elon Musk did you enjoy the most? Also if you enjoyed reading this article, here are few suggestions that I think you would love as well – 25 Kick-ass Dwayne Johnson Quotes, Top 10 Richard Branson Quotes About Life and Success, 19 Sylvester Stallone Quotes About Pursuing Your Dreams.