This article was last updated on October 3, 2017
Since arriving in the UFC in April of 2013, Conor McGregor ‘The Notorious’ has created waves. He has fought ten times and in that time has record seven TKO’s, nine victories and two championship belts, three if you include the interim featherweight belt.
We are living in a time where the UFC record book is being re-written by the Irishman. First simultaneous two-weight champion, fastest ever championship victory (Jose Aldo at UFC 194), first to actively fight across three weight classes, dominating the list of top pay-per-view events in the promotion, his has so far been a career of highlights.
Being the greatest often means being notorious. Ali was both then and McGregor is both now.
Ali is regarded as one of the leading heavyweight boxers of the 20th century. He remains the only three-time lineal heavyweight champion, having won the title in 1964, 1974, and 1978. Between February 25 and September 19, 1964, Ali reigned as the undisputed heavyweight champion. He is the only boxer to be named The Ring magazine Fighter of the Year six times. He was ranked as the greatest athlete of the 20th century by Sports Illustrated, the Sports Personality of the Century by the BBC, and the third greatest athlete of the 20th century by ESPN SportsCentury.
Ali, in boxing embodied all and more. He was highly intelligent, a natural strategist and tactician, he was courageous and had the heart.
Known for being cocky and arrogant, but also one of the greatest fighters that ever lived. He was able to predict which round he’d knock out his opponent, and was as fast as lightening.
As a bonus here are some of Muhammad Ali’s greatest quotes.
1. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
2. “My principles are more important than the money or my title.” – Muhammad Ali
3. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
4. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t want to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
And here are some of Conor McGregor’s greatest quotes.
1. At the end of the day you gotta feel some way. So why not feel unbeatable? Why not feel untouchable. – Conor McGregor
2. I’m cocky in prediction, I’m confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat. – Conor McGregor
Sounds similar, watch the video above and let us know if you notice any similar patterns. I bet you that you will and let us know what you think in the comments below.