You are changing. The world is changing. Everything around us is changing. Just because something was good for you in the past doesn’t mean it still is. This could be a job, a home, a habit, a relationship, a friend, etc.
“The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.”
People believe that strenght comes from holding on and hanging on, but sometimes knowing when to let go and continue is something that requires a lot more strenght.
You discover more about yourself. It happents to you slowly as you grow. You find out who you are and what are your desires. And then you realize, the lifestyle you’ve been living somehow no longer fits, but still you don’t want to change and you try to hold on to things. You are afraid to lose them, but often times moving on is the right solution.
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
Reasons to Let Go and Move On
1. Someone’s negativity is rubbing off on you. – The people in your life have a great impact on you, even if you don’t realize it. The same way that we could spread positivity, we could spread negativity. If you are around cynical and negative people all the time, you will become cynical and negative. See Also (15 Things To Stop Doing To Be Happier)
2. You are unhappy with your circumstances – It’s always better to be struggling at something you love, than succeeding at something you hate.
3. Your goals, your needs, your dreams have changed. – What was right before for you, is not necessarily right for you now. Often times, letting go is not the hardest part, but actually realizing that things have changed.
4. You are living in the past. – You are not moving forward. You are stuck. You don’t have a goal and you are trying to fix something that can’t be changed, the past.
5. You are not learning anything new. – Living is learning. If you are not learning anything new that means you are not growing as a person.
6. Somethings just aren’t meant to be. –Everything from your past does not belong in your present. To hold onto relationships and circumstances that have already moved on without you is to stay stuck in a place and time that no longer exists.
7. New opportunities are out there waiting for you.
How to Move On..
Holding on is like believing that there is only the past; letting go and moving on is knowing and believing deep in your heart that the future is brighter than the past. Let’s take a look at some ways to design the latter.
1. Claim ownership and take full control of your life. – The only one who is responsible for you and your actions, is yourself. You are in full control as long as you understand that you are the master of your destiny. Until now you’ve probably mastered the blame game. You know to blame your parents, your friends, your luck, your teachers or the goverment, the education system, etc.. but you never blame yourself. Right? You are never guilty. WRONG! It’s always your fault, because if you want to change something for the better, no one else can do it for you. I won’t. You will have to do it on your own, because you are the only one who can make it happen.
2. Accept the truth and be grateful. – What does it mean to be grateful? It means the acceptance of everything you have, everything you once had, and the possibilities that lie ahead. You have to find the strength to embrace life’s changes. Learn as you go. Let your past make you better, not bitter.
3. Stay focused only on things that can be changed. – There are things we can’t change. For example we can’t change the situation we were born into. But the future, oh, we can change that. Focus only on what you can change. And if there is something you can’t change, change the way you think about it.
4. Change the people around you. – People come and go, but sometimes we hold on longer then we need to. Some people come into your life just to strengthen you, so you can move on without them. They are supposed to be part of your memory, not your destiny. The bottom line is that when you have to start compromising your happiness and your potential for the people around you, it’s time to change those people. It’s time to find new people, more supportive ones, people that uplift you. For example our facebook page. 🙂
5. Focus on the 24 hours you have today. You should start out with making the decision, right now, that your past won’t harm your future. Your past is behind you. Your past doesn’t define your future. You need to understand that life moves in only one direction – forward. That’s why you have to figure out what the next positive step is, now matter how difficult or small is, take it. Simply forget the past, look straight ahead and forge toward the future.
Now it’s time for you to let go and move on…
What are you holding on to that’s holding you back? What’s the first step you need to take to let it go? Please don’t forget to share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below.