This article was last updated on October 13, 2017
This video will teach you one of the most important life lessons in life – that what you do matters, and it affects everyone around you, not just you.
Transcript for the video – This Video Will Change The Rest Of Your Life
– The following few moments may,
very well change your life.
And I wish someone had told me this when I was your age. I lived my life wrong. And I don’t want this to happen to you. If you listen and take a bit of action, I can help you change
Imagine having it all, only to lose it all. You are now broke. All the money is gone. What do you have? So, who are you now?
– Suffering comes when we obsess about ourselves what we’re getting or not getting, what we should’ve done, what others should’ve done for us. It’s the me, me, me, me, me game.
– And so, my view is, if you’re watching, if you’re listening to this, my goal would have you
Life is short. We don’t know how short it’s gonna be. But if you only had
a week to live, I bet you wouldn’t allow yourself to suffer over a little crap that makes you crazy, normally.
I think you’d probably spend time with those you love, you would do what you love. You’d take awe in a sunset. You’d smell the air, you would take in everything
in those final moments that you could possible be do, so my thing is: Why wait?
Right, why wait? Why not just decide? That if I start to suffer.. I know the solution. And here’s what people don’t get: You can end suffering. By stop focusing on yourself and
focusing on something you want to serve greater than yourself. Your children, your wife, your mission, your life. You can get out of it in an instant ’cause the nature of the human mind.
– Accept responsibility for the catastrophe of your life. And that way, you transcend it, simultaneously.
And there’s an unbelievably hopeful message in there, and the message is: You’re actually strong enough to do that, you just don’t know it. And you won’t find out until you do it, you can’t find out until you do it. But if you did it, you’d find out that it was true.
– And the decisions we make control us much more than the conditions we meet. It’s not the conditions, it’s your decisions. Decisions what to believe,
decisions what to do, decisions what to give. I say to people: Think about… Look back 10 years ago, five years ago, 15 years ago, think of a decision you made. That if you would’ve made a different decision, you’d have a totally different life today. Better or worse, I don’t know,
but totally different.
The most important decision you can make, above any on the face of the earth is deciding that no matter what
happens in your life, no matter what happens, you’re gonna live in a beautiful state.
– You have to say, I’m going to act as if being is good. I’m going to act as if truth is the pathway to enlightenment. I’m going to act as if I should pursue the deepest meaning possible in my life. And there’s reasons to do none of those. They’re real reasons, so it’s really a decision. But you can’t find out what the consequence of the decision is unless you make the decision.
And the other thing that’s so interesting about being alive is that you’re all in. No matter what you do, you’re all in. This is gonna kill you. So, I think, you might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you’re waiting. Because, do you have
anything better to do?
Why not pick the best thing
possible that you could do?
– If you want to take the island, burn your boats. If you give yourself a way out, the human mind will
take the way out. You’ll take the path of least resistance. But the path of least resistance will never make you proud. It’ll never make you grateful, it’ll never make you strong, it’ll never give you more to give others.
That’s why we have to face whatever we gotta face and just go through it, not around it but through it. And we get to the other side, we’re stronger, we’re better, we’re richer mentally,
emotionally, spiritually. Can be in business and finance as well.
– If you really put it out there on the line, you are a champion. You may not be the champion of the world but you’ll be the champion of your life.
– You can change today if you redefine what success is to you. You can transform your damaged relationships and build new ones. You can forgive yourself
and others who’ve hurt you. You can become a leader by mentoring with others who you aspire to be like. You can rebalance your priorities in life. You can heal your marriage. And recreate a stronger love than you ever thought possible. You can become the best parent possible at any age, even 86. But don’t wait until then.
You’ll always be able to make more money but you cannot make more time. You were meant for greatness. You were meant for more than
just what you do for a living. You are an eternal being, meant to inspire and help the world.
– And so, you know, you think, well, there’s 7 billion people in the world and who are you; you’re just one little dust mote among that 7 billion and so, it really doesn’t matter what you do or don’t do but that’s simply not the case. It’s the wrong model because you’re at the center of a network . You’re a node in a network. Of course, that’s even more true
now that we have social media. You’ll know 1,000 people, at least, over the course of your life and they’ll know and that puts you one person away from a million. And two persons away from a billion.
And so, that’s how you’re connected and the things you do, they’re like dropping a stone in a pond, the ripples move outward and they affect things in ways
that you can’t fully comprehend. And it means that the things that you do and that you don’t do are far more important than you think.
Because you’re more powerful than you think. Way more powerful than you think.
I mean, God only knows what you are in the final analysis.
You’re blind to your own weaknesses but you’re also blind to your own strengths. And so, then I think, well, if you’ve got your act together, it’d be better for you and, instantly, it would be better for your family, assuming they wanted you to get your act together and not everyone does.
And then, it would be better for the community. How far could you take that?
No one can tell how it will work for you. Your destiny is to discover that.
– Your soul is screaming for you to answer your true calling.
– Dreams cost nothing, they’re free. The hard part is just keeping them going and please, keep them going because we’re here for one simple reason:
He believed in the dream, I believed in a dream and our dreams come true and there’s no reason every one of yours can’t either.
– Don’t let what you are stop you from being what you could be.
– Personal ambition is worth fighting for. It really is something that, if you don’t fight for it, you’re gonna regret it for the rest of your life. And if you regret it, you’re
going to be an unhappy person. If you’re an unhappy person, it’s gonna affect your family. So, you can see the chain of command all the way down that it can be pretty devastating.
The common answer is, we fight for our family. Yeah, but, fighting for family starts with you.
– And no matter what anybody says, no matter how many hecklers come for you, no matter how many people try to throw dirt on you, try to stop you,
try to knock you down, no matter how many people come for you at night while you sleep, you will rise and you will keep pushing forward and you will get better.
– Because for certain battles to be won, those battles have to take place in the first place. You might be the only one
that is standing when everyone else is seated. You might be the only one that is speaking when everyone else is silent.
But you might be that critical voice, that critical body that ignites what is needed for everyone else to get going. Don’t hold back what it is that you have the unique ability to offer.
– What do you want to be remembered for?
What can you do for others to make the world a better place?
What is your true purpose on this earth?
We are all dying but only a small, select few are truly living. You can step out of the shadows into the light.
Today you step into the world where true love exists.
And you finally realize the love, in fact, is the “more” you’ve wanted your whole life. Just love more and more, every day, in every way.
And never give up, regardless of how challenging your destiny in life will be. The world really needs you,
now, more than ever.
Together with love, compassion, forgiveness and faith in humanity we will defeat evil, once and for all.
– Go forward and be the reason that people have hope in this world.
And never the reason that people might dread it.