George Lucas is a writer, producer and director, and he’s one of the best-known names in Hollywood and around the world. He’s most famous for creating the incredibly successful Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises. Millions all over the world know him and these George Lucas quotes will help you understand his mindset for achieving success.
George Lucas was born George Walton Lucas Jr. on May 14, 1944, in Modesto, California. He spent his early life in the suburbs, which was inspiration for his 1973 film, American Graffiti. George Lucas studied cinematography at the University of Southern California and impressed Francis Ford Coppola, who helped him enter the movie business. He is well-known for founding the Industrial Light & Magic special effects company.
On May 25, 1977, he released Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope in the US, becoming an instant hit. The Star Wars franchise quickly became one of the most popular in movie history. Another greatly beloved movie franchise George Lucas worked on was Indiana Jones.
As of 2018, George Lucas has the astounding net worth of 5.2 billion USD. According to IMDb, he has been nominated for 4 Oscars, has won more 55 awards and received 33 nominations. George Lucas has more than 500 movie credits to his name, making him one of one of the most productive people in Hollywood.
Top 20 Most Inspirational George Lucas Quotes
- “Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.” – George Lucas
- “Always remember, your focus determines your reality” – George Lucas
- “A lot of people like to do certain things, but they’re not that good at it. Keep going through the things that you like to do until you find something that you actually seem to be extremely good at. It can be anything.” – George Lucas
- “The best way to pursue happiness is to help other people. Nothing else will make you happier.” – George Lucas
- “The secret is not to give up hope. It’s very hard not to because if you’re really doing something worthwhile I think you will be pushed to the brink of hopelessness before you come through the other side.” – George Lucas
- “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent” – George Lucas
- “No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” – George Lucas
- “Part of the issue of achievement is to be able to set realistic goals, but that’s one of the hardest things to do because you don’t always know exactly where you’re going, and you shouldn’t.”
- “Whatever has happened in my quest for innovation has been part of my quest for immaculate reality.” – George Lucas Quotes
- “Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.” – George Lucas
- “The secret to film is that it’s an illusion.” – George Lucas
- “You have to find something that you love enough to be able to take risks, jump over hurdles and break through the brick walls that are always going to be placed in front of you. If you don’t have that kind of feeling for what it is you are doing, you’ll stop at the first giant hurdle.” – George Lucas
- “Working hard is extremely important. You’re not going to get anywhere without working extremely hard” – George Lucas
- “Someday you’re going to have to learn to separate what seems to be important from what really is important”– George Lucas
- “If you want to be successful in a particular field, perseverance is one of the key qualities.” – George Lucas
- “We are all living in cages with the door wide open.” – George Lucas
- “My success wasn’t based on how I could push down everybody that was around me. My success was based on how much I could push everybody up.” – George Lucas
- “It’s okay to lose; just don’t lose the lesson.” – George Lucas
- “Many of the truth we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view” – George Lucas
- “There should be a point to movies. Sure, you’re giving people a diversion from the cold war for a bit, but at the same time, you pass on some facts and rules and maybe a little bit of wisdom.” – George Lucas
May these great George Lucas quotes help on your path to success!
Thank you for seeing our quality selection of George Lucas quotes! Remember to share this around social media using the buttons below.
Which George Lucas quotes did you like most? Share them in the comments below.